Are you aged 18-24 and looking to kickstart your career? Then look no further!
This vacancy is part of the Government's Kickstart Scheme - to apply you must be aged between 18-24 and eligible for universal credit.
This is an exciting opportunity and your chance to gain valuable, meaningful experience in a PAID role for at least 6 months.
Who would I be working for?
Canoe Wales is the national governing body for paddle sport in Wales. Canoe Wales are here to support our members, advocate for canoeing and kayaking in Wales and help paddlers at every step of their paddlesport career - whether they're recreational paddlers just looking to enjoy our gorgeous lakes and rivers or competitive paddlers on their way to an Olympic or Paralympic podium.
What will the role involve?
Canoe Wales is seeking a Communications Assistant to assist with the development of our member communications - including our social media content, website content and a new member e-newsletter.
* Help prepare engaging content for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
* Use Canva or similar tools to develop graphics for social media, our website and newsletters
* Source good quality photos and video for use in communications
* Support other staff to make edits to the Canoe Wales website as needed
* Write news stories, articles or other web content and source permission to use existing relevant content from other sites
* Liaise with affiliated paddlesport clubs to source stories and information about club activities and keep online information about clubs up-to-date.
* Use Mailchimp (or similar tools) to lay out newsletter content
* Work with the Membership and Communications Officer to keep all content calendars up to date and to develop a plan for all future content
* Organise and maintain our collection of photos and videos
* As needed, support the admin team with responding to phone calls and enquiries
* Uphold the organisational values of Canoe Wales and contribute to the welfare of the staff team
* Carry out any other duties as appropriate to the post and the needs of Canoe Wales.
What are we looking for?
* Excellent written English (good grammar, spelling and attention to detail)
* Able to use social media channels
* Excellent organisation skills
* Confident with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
* Ability to work under pressure
* Fluent in Welsh
* Photography and video editing experience
* Knowledge of paddlesport
What else do I need to know?
We encourage the application from underrepresented groups, including disabled people and people from black and minority ethnic group to apply.
This role will be 25 hours per week, spread over 3 or 5 days.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.