Acorn Recruitment is proud to work in partnership with Hodge Bank on its latest recruitment project. Hodge Bank, a privately owned, highly profitable business is building a new digital estate enforced by the latest cyber security policies and technology tools as part of a large-scale transformation. Having achieved significant growth over the last few years, Hodge has exciting plans to expand further and we want YOU to be part of their success.
Hodge Bank is looking to recruit a Java Engineer to join a highly specialist and experienced development team, on an initial 6-month FTC, to drive the technical delivery of a customer-centric product roadmap delivered through micro-services and cloud architecture. Working in a fully agile environment you will be exposed to greenfield projects using Java (using functional features), a completely cloud (AWS) based environment, strong code pipeline, a continuous integration/CD delivery model, and better still autonomy and direction. Working directly on cloud infrastructure such as RDS, SQS and DynamoDB, you will be utilising these features in a services-based development and deployment environment.
To be successful you must be a have strong logical analysis and trouble-shooting skills and be methodical in your approach. Other key attributes are a proactive approach to solving problems as part of a team, and a focus on continuous improvement in all aspects of what we do.
Essential skills and experience:
* Educated to degree level in a computer science or IT-related subject, ideally with a 2:1 or above.
* Detailed commercial experience in a software development role.
* Commercial experience in relevant Java technologies and a good understanding of Java based applications.
* Experience of working within an Agile environment.
* A solid understanding of contemporary architectures, plus AWS or similar cloud environments.
* Experience / understanding of Continuous Integration and Delivery, plus exposure to common toolsets such as Jenkins, Git, JIRA, Confluence or similar.
Hodge provides an agile environment, which in turn empowers everyone to deliver. Anyone we introduce to Hodge will be able to demonstrate a real drive, enthusiasm and commitment for success and in return you'll be rewarded with a fantastic career opportunity with an employer who sees the value in looking after their employees.
* Salary up to 45k
* Prestigious offices in city centre location.
* Impressive training and development opportunities.
* A genuine chance to lead projects
* Generous salaries, pension scheme, annual bonus and leave allowance.
* Private medical insurance, Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover.
* Various flexible options: childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, season ticket loans.
* Regular sports and social events and use of gym and spa facilities.
* Weekly fruit delivery and discounts local coffee shops, restaurants and bars.
For the opportunity to join a very talented dev team with strong working practices whilst working for a secure, driven and profitable organisation apply today.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.