Bee Robotics is an established global health technology firm which provides bespoke robotic solutions for laboratory-based automation. Our portfolio includes the automation of a wide range of processes, including microarray and strip assays, DNA Extraction, Lime and Allergy testing. We’re currently an established company who stands to grow alongside the recent global investment in the Biotech industry.
Software Engineers in the role are responsible for producing and maintaining high-quality software for in vitro diagnostic medical devices. Through C#/WPF, engineers will develop Windows based desktop applications that allow laboratory personnel to interface with the robotic instruments, typically using a touch-screen interface. Robotic behaviors themselves will be configured primarily through modifying a mature C-based application and python scripts.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Development and maintenance of software in conformance with medical device standards, industry best practices, internal coding standards and operating procedures Development and maintenance of unit and integration tests covering all developed code
- Troubleshooting an investigating software issues, identifying and documenting fixes, participation in risk management reviews as required
- Performance of Code Reviews and Documentation Reviews
- Participating in the improvement of existing products, by driving the transition from older application to newer, using the latest technologies and standards while assisting the company with innovation ideas for software products.
- Liaise with international clients and convert their needs into detailed software requirement specifications.
Degree in a computer related subject or including substantial software development component
Skills and abilities
- Advanced knowledge of C# or Java Software Development
- Use of version control tools: Git and GitLab.
- Ability to work and deliver results in a dynamic/reactive environment
- Critical analysis of code
- Ability to adapt and cope with change
- Personal drive to continuously apply improvement in a role or product
- Python development
- C++ development
- Embedded programming (C) development
- Exposure to quality management systems (e.g. ISO9001 / ISO13485 / EN62304).
- Development using software design patterns
- Substantial experience development in C# (or Java) and/or python in a professional environment
- Experience in the medical software device industry would be desirable but not essential
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change
- Enthusiastic with a desire to learn
- The company offers a range of benefits, including:
- Flexible working hours / Early finish on Fridays
- Remote working days
- Bonus scheme
- Company-wide events (COVID-permitting)
- Company pension contribution
Contact details for sending your CV- Steve Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)