Become a Brand Ambassador with the Venture Graduate Programme
The Cardiff Capital Region (CCR) is evolving fast – and so is Venture Graduates. The future of work in our region will be built on unleashing the power of our employers and employees. The Venture Graduate programme is fully funded and part of the Cardiff Capital Region (CCR), which combines the 10 local authorities covering South East Wales and at the heart of our work sits the City Deal, a collaborative programme committed to being the catalyst for regional growth, through investment, upskilling and connectivity.
The Venture Graduate programme was created by the CCR to address skills gaps in industry and the ongoing ‘brain drain’ of Graduates leaving South East Wales to find employment outside of the region. We work in partnership with Cardiff University, University of South Wales, Cardiff Metropolitan University, and the Open University to promote Graduate opportunities in the region and place Graduates into high growth roles within our priority sectors.
About the role
We are looking for six Venture Brand Ambassadors from our partner universities to help us promote the programme and graduate job opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity for a final/third-year student to develop valuable skills, meet new people, and gain insight into Graduate opportunities in the Cardiff Capital Region. Once you have secured the role, this is how it works:
· Training: you will receive training from us in person where you will also be able to connect with Venture Brand Ambassadors across different universities.
· Digital promotion: through social media, you’ll promote your employer’s career opportunities to your university network, as well as any events and competitions we might have running.
· Campus events: you might be involved in organising on-campus events, like informational stalls or careers workshops on behalf of Venture.
To be successful in your application for the Venture Brand Ambassador, you will be:
· A final/third-year student in one of our partner universities (Cardiff University, University of South Wales, Cardiff Metropolitan University, or the Open University).
· Social media savy: do you love using Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn? You will be comfortable with sharing posts, stories, and driving engagement towards Venture through our social media channels.
· A good communicator: as this is a remote role, it’s essential that you’re well-organised and can maintain good communication throughout the duration of your campaign.
· Passionate about the Cardiff Capital Region: you don’t necessarily have to be from here, but we want our Brand Ambassadors to be passionate about our region and want to stay here for employment once you finish your studies.
· Able to work flexibly around your studies: we expect the duration of the contract to be 18-20 hours from January to March 2024
As a Venture Brand Ambassador, you will benefit from a salary of £12 per hour (plus bonuses for hitting targets) and cool perks such as free Venture branded clothing and stationary!
Apply today to become a Venture Brand Ambassador!